The Cottage living space (beds/bath/living room/kitchen) is all on one floor.
The Cottage living room with fireplace and river views.
Light the fire and enjoy a good book!
A view of the Cottage from across the front lawn.
The front hall, lit by a brass chandelier.
The queen-size canopy bed in the main bedroom.
A door from the hallway leads into the bathroom and main bedroom.
The Cottage bathroom has a combination tub/shower.
Tavern Room with twin bed for extra sleeping space.
Bring your laptop and set it up here.
Make simple meals in the Cottage's bright and cheery kitchen.
The kitchen has a fridge/freezer, 4-burner stove, microwave, & dishwasher.
We'll happily share our favorite source for the best fresh-baked croissants!
The Cottage in summer from across the back lawn.
Watch the birds or just enjoy a quiet moment from the English Garden Bench.
The nearby Delaware Canal Towpath, captured by local photographer Ruth Taylor.
Bring your bicycles for riding on the canal towpath.
For a special night out, try the romantic courtyard at Zoubi in New Hope.
The Inn at Phillips Mill is another of our favorite restaurants.
For antique shops like this one, head up the river to Lambertville.
A view of the river from the gardens of The Yardley Inn just up the road.
Fall is a great time to visit our Bucks County Cottage!
The Cottage in winter under a blanket of snow...
Another view of the Cottage on a sparkling winter day.
Romantic Getaway Cottage
Fireplace and River Views
Antiquing and Fine Dining Nearby
Your very own, completely private, Colonial Williamsburg-style cottage, near the Bucks County town of Yardley, Pennsylvania, right on the Delaware River. The Cottage is just 13 miles south of New Hope and Lambertville, 18 miles from Princeton, and 5-10 minutes from trains to Philadelphia and New York City. (Click here for a map.)
Furnished with 18th-century reproduction furniture and Oriental rugs, the Cottage is perfect for week-long vacations, weekend getaways, writer's retreats, house-hunting visits, or temporary lodging for relocated executives. As many of our guests have said, this is the perfect place to unwind.
The Cottage living space (750 square feet, all on one floor) is ideal for a couple. But it also works for a family with one child, or for three close friends who don't mind sharing a bathroom.
There's a wonderful corner fireplace in the living room with raised paneling and a custom-built mantel. The sunny eat-in kitchen, though not designed for elaborate gourmet cooking, is equipped with everything our guests need to make basic meals and snacks.
The bedroom is furnished with a queen-size bed with crocheted canopy, matelasse spread, and 600 thread-count sheets. The "Tavern Room" off the kitchen provides a twin bed for extra sleeping space. (We don't call this a bedroom because it doesn't have doors or a closet. For a bit of privacy, there are blackout curtains at each of the two doorways, and blackout shades at the windows.) We also have a portable Graco crib and child's booster seat that we can have set up and ready for those traveling with an infant or toddler.
There really is no place like our Bucks County Cottage on the Delaware, and we love sharing it with like-minded souls. Come visit us soon!
Emily & Alfred Glossbrenner
Bucks County Cottage on the Delaware
P.S. The cottage is available year round. No smoking and no pets, please. For additional photos of the cottage and some of our favorite places nearby, click here for our photo album and slideshow. If you need help planning your visit to Bucks County, spend some time exploring the Bucks County Visitors Bureau and Delaware River Towns websites.
1 queen; 1 twin
Linens & Towels Provided, High Speed Internet, Credit Cards Accepted
- Living room with fireplace and river views.
- 3.5-acre park-like setting.
- Bedroom with queen-size canopy bed.
- Extra sleeping space in "Tavern Room" with twin bed.
- Portable Graco Pack 'n Play Crib for guests traveling with infants.
- Elegant tile bathroom with custom-built vanity and tub/shower.
- 600 thread-count sheets and fluffy white towels.
- Two terrycloth bathrobes.
- Sunny eat-in kitchen with table and chairs for four.
- Dishwasher, electric stove, and refrigerator/freezer.
- Coffeemaker, microwave, toaster, and blender.
- HDTV with Blu-Ray DVD/Netflix in living room and bedroom.
- Free High Speed Internet access (Fios Gigabit Connection, up to 940/880 Mbps).
- Telephone for local/toll-free calls.
- Central air-conditioning.
- Outdoor dining for two on the terrace.
- Generous supply of seasoned firewood during fall and winter months.
- Washer and dryer.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Charcoal grill.
- Private driveway with parking space for two cars.
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Antiquing and Art Galleries in New Hope and Lambertville.
- Exceptional dining at dozens of inns and taverns along the Delaware River.
- Walking or biking to town/Starbucks on Delaware Canal Towpath.
- Wine tasting and vineyard tours on the Bucks County Wine Trail.
- Hiking in Tyler State Park and Washington Crossing Wildflower Preserve.
- Strolling 35-acre sculpture park at nearby Grounds for Sculpture.
- Live theater at the famous Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope.
- Shopping at Peddler's Village.
- Steam Locomotive Train Rides from New Hope into the countryside.
- Kayaking, rafting, and tubing from Point Pleasant.
- Revolutionary War Encampments and Reenactments at Washington Crossing State Park.
- Spectacular views of fall foliage along the Delaware River and from Bowman's Tower.
- Day Trips (by car or commuter train) into Philadelphia and New York City.
- Princeton University (with its world-class campus and art museum) is just 25 minutes away.
- World's only Sesame Place Theme Park is a 10-minute drive.
- Whatever your interests or passions... Bucks County delivers!
We had such a wonderful time and absolutely fell in love with this place. It is such a beautiful setting in an ideal location. Our 10 day stay went by way too quickly and we could have easily settled in for much longer. Owners Emily and Alfred have done an amazing job with attention to detail in every aspect. They truly make you feel extremely comfortable. The pictures really don't do justice to this charming cottage. We awoke early one morning to see deer grazing in the front yard and a red fox foraging in the back yard. On our walks and bike rides along the canal we saw horses, geese, swans, herons, and all kinds of songbirds. It was such a great way to start our day. The home was extremely clean, very well maintained, and loaded with many nice little details and amenities. We just loved that milk frother for our morning coffee! There is a wonderful book and game collection with lots of information about the surrounding area. There are so many things to do, places to see, and an awesome selection of great restaurants. We had so many wonderful meals and found it difficult to pick just one favorite. We quickly felt right at home here and would highly recommend it to anybody visiting the area. You will not be disappointed. Thanks Emily for all your helpful tips. We will be back to visit again!