The Cottage in winter under a blanket of snow...
Another view of the Cottage on a sparkling winter day.
The Cottage living space (beds/bath/living room/kitchen) is all on one floor.
A view of the Cottage from across the front lawn.
The Cottage living room with fireplace and river views.
Light the fire and enjoy a good book!
The front hall, lit by a brass chandelier.
The queen-size canopy bed in the main bedroom.
A door from the hallway leads into the bathroom and main bedroom.
The Cottage bathroom has a combination tub/shower.
Tavern Room with twin bed (and hidden trundle).
Bring your laptop and set it up here.
Make simple meals in the Cottage's bright and cheery kitchen.
The kitchen has a fridge/freezer, 4-burner stove, microwave, & dishwasher.
We'll happily share our favorite source for the best fresh-baked croissants!
The Cottage in summer from across the back lawn.
Watch the birds or just enjoy a quiet moment from the English Garden Bench.
The nearby Delaware Canal Towpath, captured by local photographer Ruth Taylor.
Bring your bicycles for riding on the canal towpath.
For a special night out, try the romantic courtyard at Zoubi in New Hope.
The Inn at Phillips Mill is another of our favorite restaurants.
For antique shops like this one, head up the river to Lambertville.
A view of the river from the gardens of The Yardley Inn just up the road.
Fall is a great time to visit our Bucks County Cottage!
Romantic Getaway Cottage
Fireplace and River Views
Antiquing and Fine Dining Nearby
Your very own Colonial Williamsburg-style cottage, with a wood-burning fireplace in a park-like setting on the Delaware River, 13 miles south of New Hope and Lambertville and 5-10 minutes from trains to Philadelphia and New York City. (Click here for a map.)
Furnished with 18th-century reproduction furniture and Oriental rugs, the cottage is perfect for week-long vacations, weekend getaways, writer's retreats, house-hunting visits, or temporary lodging for relocated execs. It's ideal for a couple, but it also works for a family with two small children, or for three close friends who don't mind sharing a bathroom.
The bedroom has a four-poster queen-size bed with crocheted canopy, matelasse spread, and 600 thread-count sheets. The 'tavern room' off the kitchen provides extra sleeping space, with a twin bed and pop-up trundle, and a place to use your laptop. The sunny eat-in kitchen, though not designed for elaborate gourmet cooking, has everything you'll need to prepare simple meals.
There really is no place like our Bucks County Cottage on the Delaware, and we love sharing it with like-minded souls. Come visit us soon!
If you need help planning your visit to Bucks County, spend some time exploring the Bucks County Visitors Bureau and Delaware River Towns websites. Another great source of "insider advice" on memorable restaurants and things to in Bucks County is Jim Flynn's Best Weekends.
Emily & Alfred Glossbrenner
Bucks County Cottage on the Delaware
P.S. The cottage is available year round. No smoking and no pets, please. For additional photos of the cottage and some of our favorite places nearby, click here for our photo album and slideshow.
1 queen; 2 twin
Linens & Towels Provided, High Speed Internet, Credit Cards Accepted
- Living room with fireplace and river views.
- 3.5-acre park-like setting.
- Bedroom with queen-size canopy bed.
- Extra sleeping space in "Tavern Room" with twin bed and trundle.
- Portable Graco Pack 'n Play Crib for guests traveling with infants.
- Elegant tile bathroom with custom-built vanity and tub/shower.
- 600 thread-count sheets and fluffy white towels.
- Two terrycloth bathrobes.
- Sunny eat-in kitchen with table and chairs for four.
- Dishwasher, electric stove, and refrigerator/freezer.
- Coffeemaker, microwave, toaster, and blender.
- HDTV with Blu-Ray DVD/Netflix in living room and bedroom.
- Free WiFi Internet access.
- Telephone for local/toll-free calls.
- Central air-conditioning.
- Outdoor dining for two on the terrace.
- Generous supply of seasoned firewood during fall and winter months.
- Washer and dryer.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Charcoal grill.
- Private driveway with parking space for two cars.
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Antiquing and Art Galleries in New Hope and Lambertville.
- Exceptional dining at dozens of inns and taverns along the Delaware River.
- Walking or biking to town/Starbucks on Delaware Canal Towpath.
- Wine tasting and vineyard tours on the Bucks County Wine Trail.
- Hiking in Tyler State Park and Washington Crossing Wildflower Preserve.
- Strolling 35-acre sculpture park at nearby Grounds for Sculpture.
- Live theater at the famous Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope.
- Shopping at Peddler's Village.
- Steam Locomotive Train Rides from New Hope into the countryside.
- Kayaking, rafting, and tubing from Point Pleasant.
- Revolutionary War Encampments and Reenactments at Washington Crossing State Park.
- Spectacular views of fall foliage along the Delaware River and from Bowman's Tower.
- Day Trips (by car or commuter train) into Philadelphia and New York City.
- Princeton University (with its world-class campus and art museum) is just 25 minutes away.
- World's only Sesame Place Theme Park is a 10-minute drive.
- Whatever your interests or passions... Bucks County delivers!
We had a wonderful stay at the cottage of Emily and Alfred. The decor is simply beautiful! Not a detail was missed in decorating this cottage. Emily and Alfred know how to make their guests feel welcome with the kitchen stocked with breakfast goodies like oatmeal and granola to the lovely Yardley soaps in the bathroom. I will definitely recommend their cottage to friends.